• Detection of Pulsed Gamma Rays Above 100 GeV from the Crab Pulsar, Aliu et al. (The VERITAS Collaboration), Science 334, 69 (2011).
• Discovery of TeV Gamma-Ray Emission toward Supernova Remnant SNR G78.2+2.1, Aliu, et al. (VERITAS Collaboration*), ApJ, 770, 93 (2013).
• A connection between star formation activity and cosmic rays in the starburst galaxy M82, V.A. Acciari et al. (VERITAS Collaboration), Nature, 462, 770 (2009).
• Radio Imaging of the Very-High-Energy Gamma Ray Emission Region in the Central Engine of a Radio Galaxy, Collaboration, V.A. Acciari et al. (VERITAS Collaboration, VLBA 43 GHz M87 Monitoring team, H.E.S.S. Collaboration, MAGIC Collaboration), Science, 325, 444 (2009).
• E. Aliu, et al. (VERITAS Collaboration*). Spatially Resolving the Very High Energy Emission From MGRO J2019+37 with VERITAS. ApJ. 788 (2013) 78.
• Pulsar Wind Nebulae and Cosmic Rays: A Bedtime Story, A. Weinstein, Nucl.Phys.Proc.Suppl, Cosmic Ray Origin-Beyond the Standard Models, 256, 136 (2014). doi:10.1016j.nuclphysbps.2014.10.017
• A. Weinstein (for the VERITAS Collaboration). The VERITAS Trigger System, Proceedings of 30th International Cosmic Ray Conference, 3 (2008) 1539. arXiv:0709.4438
• A. Weinstein, L., Fortson, T. Brantseg, et al., Testing a Novel Self-Assembling Data Paradigm in the Context of IACT Data, In Proceedings of the 34th International Cosmic Ray Conference (2015), arXiv:1509.02202
• H. Dickinson, F. Krennrich, & A. Weinstein Simulations of a Distributed Intelligent Array Trigger for the Cherenkov Telescope Array, In Proceedings of the 34th International Cosmic Ray Conference (2015), arXiv:1509.01295
• “GeV and TeV gamma rays in the era of multi-messenger synergy.” Invited talk at the Very High Energy Particle Astrophysics workshop, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Jan. 7, 2016.
• “Resolving the High-Energy Universe: Gamma-ray astronomy and particle astrophysics with VERITAS and other observatories.” Invited talk at the North Central Chapter Health Physics Spring Technical Meeting. Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Apr. 10, 2015.
• “The Cygnus Region of the Galaxy: A VERITAS Perspective.” Invited talk at SUGAR (Searching for the sources of galactic cosmic rays) 2015. Geneva, Switzerland, Jan. 23, 2015.
• “Eating Something Bigger than Your Head: Toward Detecting Highly Extended Sources with VERITAS.” Invited talk at Fermi-HAWC-VERITAS Workshop. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, Oct. 8, 2014.
• “Recent Results from Cosmic Ray Experiments: The Highlight Reel.” 2014 SLAC Summer Institute Topic Conference. Menlo Park, CA, Aug. 6, 2014.
• “Gamma-ray eyes in a Cosmic Laboratory.” Colloquium, Grinnell College, Apr. 15, 2014.
• “Pulsar Wind Nebulae and Cosmic Rays: A Bedtime Story.” Invited talk at the “Cosmic Ray Origin---beyond the standard models” conference. San Vito di Cadore. Italy, March 18, 2014.
Honors and Awards
- 2016 NSF CAREER Award.
- 2013 College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Award for Early Achievement in Research, Iowa State University.
- 1997-2000 National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship.